Ingredients and Recipe
Spicy Roasted New Potatoes with Lemon and Herbs
- Chefs Knife
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Mise en Place Bowls
- Saute Pan
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper or a Silpat Baking Mat
For the Potatoes
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds lightly crused in a mortar and pestle (if needed, substitute with 1 tsp ground cumin instead)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds lightly crushed in a mortar and pestle (if needed, substitute with 1 tsp ground coriander instead)
- 7 garlic cloves thinly sliced (¼ cup / 20g)
- ½ lb cherry tomatoes (8 oz / 200g) sliced in half
- 1½ lbs baby new potatoes quartered
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
For the Topping
- 1 lemon finely grate the zest for 2 tsp, then juice to get 2 tbsp
- ½ cup cilantro leaves (10g) roughly chopped
- ¼ cup dill leaves (5g) roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat Baking Mat. Prepare your mise en place and measure out all ingredients before starting this recipe.
- Put the olive oil into a large sauté pan and place over high heat. Add the cumin seeds and coriander seeds and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the chile and tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the tomatoes have started to soften.
- Add the potatoes, sugar, 1 tsp salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Stir all ingredients together and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until the potatoes are crispy and cooked and the tomatoes are breaking down.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes before adding the topping – the lemon zest, lemon juice, cilantro and dill. Toss together and serve.
All products featured on Cooking Cookbooks are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through the retail links below, we earn an affiliate commission.
Get This Cookbook
Falastin: A Cookbook